#29 How to Train Before, During & After Pregnancy with Jen Dugard
Jun 01, 2021
In this episode, I am joined by Jen Dugard, who is the founder of the Body Beyond Baby movement and the creator of the Safe Return to Exercise accreditation for fitness professionals. Jen has over 13 years of experience within the Fitness Industry in a range of roles from Personal Trainer, Outdoor Group Fitness, business owner, and educator. Jen is a mum of two and her personal mission is to raise the standard of the fitness industry within the pre and postnatal space.
- Jen's story and how she started working in this space
- Understanding the pelvic floor and transverse abdominis (TVA)
- What happens to the pelvic floor during pregnancy
- The issues women experience after pregnancy
- Understanding pelvic floor weakness and how to strengthen it
- Abdominal separation - what is it and how to heal it
- Why your 6-week check-up with a GP is NOT enough!
- The importance of a women's health physio
- Exercises to avoid while pregnant and postnatally
- Advice for running post-pregnancy
- When is a woman not considered post-natal
- Advice for mums of older kids who may have some of these issues
Find Jen on Instagram: